Friday, May 30, 2008

Welcome Letters For Church Visitors



I do not give anything at all to that conference. I did not know what it was, I did not care. "I go there " - I said - " try to meet that person, and then who knows ... "
Maybe that is the right time for me, they open the gates of heaven. " Usually hell instead.
and that I should expect from a well? I imagined him a snob. Terribly arrogant. Ignorant! And in fact! How do you describe that gives you an appointment at 17:30, and then around 18:30 it tells you is not. That we do not do anything.
And now I was there. On the other side of Rome!
Il Convegno era organizzato dalla Camera dei Comuni (o qualcosa del genere) ed erano stati invitati a partecipare tutti assessori d'Italia.
Ma di ciò me ne sono accorto solo dopo... solo quando a causa di un malinteso hanno pensato che fossi un assessore anche io, e mi stavano scortando nemmeno tra il pubblico (composto da assessori), ma sul palco dei relatori.
Come dicevo, tutta colpa di un malinteso: appena sono entrato nell'aula, la prima domanda che mi hanno fatto è stata la seguente: " di che comune è? ". Mi avevano scambiato per un assessore. Io ho risposto, senza sapere a cosa si riferissero, che ero del Comune di Roma. Sono nato a Roma, vivo a Roma, che avrei dovuto dirgli, che ero del Comune di Milano?
E quelli stavano proprio aspettando un emissario del Sindaco, e hanno creduto che fossi io.
Un emissario in borghese, di quelli che vengono a controllare che tutto vada per il meglio. Di quelli che se sgarri, cazzi tuoi!
E così, eccovi i miei 15 minuti di popolarità: tutti servili al massimo, hanno iniziato a correre intorno a me con una frenesia che non ho visto nemmeno negli studi legali dove ho lavorato. Pensavano di avere un VIP tra le mani: " la microfoniamo subito "...mi dice una.
E che dovevo fare? Io appena vedo un microfono mi prende la sindrome dello Show-man! Passati radiofonici che lasciano il segno...
E così mi stavano accompagnando sul palco, pronti tutti to yield me the floor. What I told the audience of assessors? Perhaps I had an appointment with a type snob. An arrogant. And certainly also ingnorante. Why is arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand. Always!
And then, what else? That in the end, between that type and all of them, is not that some kind notassi difference? But there comes that girl, the one I had fixed an appointment with the snob.
unravels the misunderstanding, and reassures everybody: I'm not the emisssario the Mayor.
A couple of aldermen of any small community, had also taken my number. Just discovered the misunderstanding, one has deleted, in front of me. If you are not at least the vice-mayor of Rome, not the commissioner to Sports City Vattelappesca is interesting to you.
But the other did not immediately deleted. If you will be required for me Seriously (now called me one that was looking for a certain Paul ...)
Everything ends well. The rest are just useless discordant assessors who did nothing but claim other public funding. They want more money. Our money.
I had 50 cents at hand. You say I should tirarglieli?

0 comments:

Post a Comment